VPS hosting is a cost-effective web hosting service model to meet rising market and end-user demands. It is a securely managed environment that provides greater flexibility, and focusses on the privacy of your critical data and applications at no big costs.
VPS Hosting: An Overview
The abbreviation VPS stands for Virtual Private Server that provides a dedicated portion of a commercial server hard drive, including memory and CPU resources to clients. It is a 2-in-1 web hosting service model that combines the features of the two noteworthy web hosting frameworks – dedicated and shared server. In this hosting kind, managed private cloud hosting providers takes the onus of server management, offloading intricate and routine infrastructure management. Going forward, these services are further categorized into two segments: managed VPS hosting and unmanaged VPS hosting.
How a Virtual Private Server Works?
A VPS is a virtual machine based on computer architectures to provide features and functionality of a physical server; allowing clients to configure operating systems and software applications of their own choice. Technically, a hypervisor runs on a physical server to share and manage multiple isolated environments on the same physical machine. It allows clients to install/reinstall the operating system and boot/reboot the allocated server independently. Given the fact that these virtualized spaces are software-defined, they can be created and configured quite easily.
Why Selecting LiveMNC is an Optimal Business Decision?
LiveMNC has been reeling since 2000 as among the top 10 managed web hosting providers with strong & successful quarters under its belt. We are in the top hosting providers that offer a range of hosting services that more precisely accommodates the need of various clients settled across different geographies. Our personalized VPS hosting India plans includes everything that a best data centre company can offer, and any business may need to manage current and futuristic business needs.
Our close connection with our clients span across IT, education, manufacturing, aviation, banking, and supply chain have helped us to glean deep insight into different business intricacies and needs, thus, enabling us to deliver more personalized hosting plans to our clients.
Besides, we provide affordable data centre services and complete flexibility in the hands of our clients to pick the desired hardware configurations, and select any member of Windows and Linux operating system to run on their virtual private machine.
The LiveMNC Advantage with Virtual Private Servers
- Full SSH/RDP access to virtual private space
- Enterprise-grade HVAC & prevention systems
- Dedicated IP, storage capacity, & mailing server
- Support all the Windows & Linux versions
- Easy to use Parallel Plesk/cPanel control panels
- A range of hardware & OS to select from
- 24-hour server monitoring and management
- Round the clock Linux/Windows VPS support
- Scalable disk space, compute, & IT resources
- Resilient power, network, & cooling facility
- Transparent yet competitive billing structure
Dedicated Server Features with LiveMNC – one of the top data centre company in India.
Features of Dedicated Server Hosting with LiveMNC
- Robust Security: Security in not only our concern, but our topmost priority. We are aware that viruses, malwares, and other invaders can risk your data. We are responsible for your data safety. Therefore, being one of the top 10 data hosting services in India, LiveMNC ensures that we abide to stick with your security protocol, as well as ensure potential safety measures that cover:
- Security design and implementation
- DDoS Mitigation
- Threat Alert Management
- Dedicated Firewall Management
- Virus and Malware Scanning and Filtering
- Intrusion Detection and Prevention
- Rapid Action Support: When the dedicated teams at the top 10 hosting providers like LiveMNC, is available to assist you round-the-clock, you don’t have to worry about your server as far as security and administration is concerned. Our teams are available for you 24X7 that are quick in responding as well as quick in fixing your issue.
- Control Panel: With control panel support to Plesk and cPanel, you can host multiple domains; Email accounts; create FTP accounts. The web servers at LiveMNC also extend support to MySQL, MS SQL databases along with migration assistance and optional managed services for Level three and Level four support.
- Risk Management: We as the top 10 server hosting companies, offer Dedicated Firewall Support that is dedicated Cisco ASA Firewall Management with additional security tweaks to ensure your business is safe from all external and potential threats. We keep your servers risk-free, so you don’t need to worry about your business continuity. We can also perform backups for you so you can recover all your data, in case a disaster strikes. Our security guidelines are deployed on your servers to ensure you never face a downtime.
What is a dedicated server?
A dedicated server is a leased server solution placed in our data centre. LiveMNC, being one of the top 10 data centres in India, can also help with licenses for software that you want to be installed on the server. You do not have to invest much money in hardware or infrastructure directly, but you pay a monthly fee for the hardware, if necessary, software and operations (power, bandwidth, backup, firewall, etc).
Why choose a dedicated server?
- you will have control over your server all by yourself
- you do not want to be affected by other clients using the same server; for example, shared hosting solutions or VPS.
- It is very easy to hardware and software updates.
As the best data centre company, LiveMNC Dedicated Server is chosen often, for custom requirements, flexibility and performance, more bandwidth, CPU, RAM and disk space.
What is included in a dedicated server hosting package?
LiveMNC dedicated server package includes everything that a Managed Private Cloud hosting provider can offer:
- Server placed at our high-quality facilities.
- Internet connectivity to the server, through a high-speed switched network.
- Firewall protection of the server with web-based control panel.
- A specific data transfer quota depending on the package.
- Fixed IP-addresses.
Will I have root access to my dedicated server?
Root access can be easily requested and granted within seconds through AMP (Account Management Panel) once your account and server are fully provisioned.
How often do you monitor the Data Centre and servers?
LiveMNC servers, network and Data Centres are monitored 24/7 365 by on-site and in-house employees. Every customer is allocated their own dedicated VLAN, and own Virtual Firewall security zone. This protects your servers from the Internet at large, as well as from other customers on the network.
What are the advantages of a dedicated server?
- better performance
- many sites on one server
- can install custom and specialized software
- full control
- you can re-sell virtual hosting to your clients
How does a Cloud Server compare with a Dedicated Server?
- LiveMNC Dedicated Servers and Cloud Servers both allow full access to the operating system and applications.
- Both allow hosting of the same applications and services.
- Both run on server grade hardware.
- Cloud Servers use virtualization to share hardware with other Cloud Servers and to provide platform high availability and flexibility to allocate hardware resources as needed.
- The Cloud Server come with a Cloud Control Panel which gives an extra level of control to the user.
With this, you can reboot and re-install your server, you can create backups and restore your system, you can also allocate resources as needed to your Cloud Server and a lot more.
Before switching to a Virtual Private Server (VPS), it is important to be familiar with the benefits and features of this type of web hosting. A VPS offers you complete, core access to the operating system (OS) that VPS runs its own copy with. Also, it runs in a similar manner like a dedicated server would. For most businesses, VPS is a viable option due to its ability to increase output and performance by reducing costs. From real estate firms to IT companies that have high competitive levels, implementing VOS enables an increase in profit margins.
VPS is not only cheap but offers a high-degree of scalability, reliability, and security of its environment. With VPS, you do not need to share resources with other users and allows you to run on more than one virtualization platform on currently installed operating systems.
For businesses that graduated from shared hosting, but has limited resources and budget for a dedicated server, VPS is the way to go. Here are the top five features of VPS hosting with a top data centre in India like LiveMNC, and how your business can benefit from them.
- Guaranteed Resources: VPS Hosting packages come with guaranteed 1 GB of RAM. Another key benefit of a VPS hosting package is that they are set up so they have a dedicated allocation of resources. The VPS solution is ideal for guaranteeing a robust service for a reasonable price. You get flexibility in choosing ample disk space and storage and monthly data transfers.
- Root Access: VPS Hosting from LiveMNC – one of the top 10 data centres in India, offers dedicated-server-like functionality including root access, giving you the power to install applications and services or even run different operating systems.
- Scalable Hosting: It has been often said that scalable systems are preferred in business settings. With VPS hosting services, you enable your website to scale. Scalability refers to the ability to handle sudden, increased workloads on the server, typically by utilizing redundant system resources. Whether your business is on hyper-growth mode or it’s in need of managing a growing number of workloads, VPS hosting from the one of the top 10 hosting providers, ensures that you can scale for success.
- Multiple choice of Operating Systems: You have the options of choosing either a Windows or Linux VPS hosting from the best data centre company of your choice. However, before choosing a VPS hosting provider, it is advisable to learn which type of VPS environment you will need to run your applications: Windows and Linux. Linux hosts an entirely different function than Windows but certainly has its own advantages. If you run Python, PERL or Ruby scripts, Linux is your preferred environment. A Windows environment is best suited for the job if you run on PHP or ASP.net.
- 24×7 technical support with service monitoring: Your VPS hosting package comes with a 27/4 technical support and service monitoring 365 days a year. You will also be provided with a money back guarantee depending on your chosen hosting provider. This comes as a standard – a reliable provider should meet your organization’s needs through customer service.
VPS hosting packages allow you to reach well-informed IT experts who can speak to you in a way you understand. Unless you feel comfortable with hosting terms and processes and are tech-savvy enough to ask technical questions, it is best to look for a hosting provider that offers top notch customer service for all levels of technical expertise. Often, support can be reached via a toll-free phone call, email, live chat or social media.
With VPS Hosting from LiveMNC, one of the best and the cheapest hosting providers, you have these benefits and more at affordable costs.
Fully managed VPS hosting solutions with one of the top 10 cloud VPS hosting providers under windows and Linux operating systems with complete root access. Giving you the fastest connectivity in India by being carrier neutral.
Our Cloud VPS plans guarantees brilliant performance, credits to the latest technology and enterprise-level connectivity, at a totally incomparable price! With our solution, you will have a virtual server that is easy to set up and manage, with lots of templates and preconfigured operating systems, thanks to our built-in control panel.
Our one-month free trial VPS hosting includes the following:
- technical support
- use of internet link with included mean bandwidth monthly
- rental of server hardware
- use of fixed public IP-address
- connection to 100Mbps, or 1Gbps port
- insight into the actual bandwidth of Internet traffic through a web interface
- quick intervention and response, in case of hardware failure
Windows Server Specifications with the top data centre in India – LiveMNC:
The following standard installation and settings are included in the first installation (setup) of dedicated server with Microsoft Windows server:
- Installation of one of the following operating system versions:
- Microsoft Windows Server 2012 R2 / 2012 Standard Edition
- Microsoft Windows Server 2008 / 2008 R2 Standard Edition
- Microsoft Windows Server 2008 / 2008 R2 Enterprise Edition
- Microsoft Windows Server 2012 R2 / 2012 Datacentre Edition
- Microsoft Windows Web Server 2008 / 2008 R2
- installation of Service Packs and additional security patches
- setting up services that come with the operating system such as:
- Internet Information Server
- Windows Firewall
- DNS or Domain Name System
- Terminal Services
- Active Directory
Our one-month free trial set-up with LiveMNC includes the following:
- installing operating system and setting of basic services
- initial firewall settings, based on specification provided by the customer
- placing server in the rack
- connection to the Internet